COVID-19 statement website
To ensure the safety of patients and our staff during this difficult time, we ONLY see patients by appointment. Walk-ins of any kind are not accepted.
To process the back log of missed appointments and to fit in patients while having to reduce the number of patients we can see each week by 40%, please follow the instructions below:
Unfortunately, we have temporarily halted accepting new patients until we have processed the backlog. You are welcome to send us an email at email@example.com with your information if you like to be contacted once we open up for new patients again.
If you need to book a routine eye exam: please use our new online booking module on our webpage. Once you have selected your appointment slot and completed all steps, you should get an automated confirmation email (please check your spam folder if not).
If you need an appointment for anything else – an urgent eye issue, to buy a product, adjust your current glasses, drop off frame for repairments, please call us at 613 224 8684.
For non-urgent matters, please consider emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get back to you the same day.
For patients that have a new appointment scheduled:
- Under no circumstances should you come to the office if you have a fever, sore throat, a cold , loss of taste or smell, difficulty breathing, dry cough, general feeling of malaise, conjunctivitis or have been in direct contact with a diagnosed COVID-19 or ill individual or someone who has been in contact with a COVID-19 patient within the last 2 weeks.
- Please be advised that you must wear a mask that is properly fitted over your nose and mouth. In addition, please use the available hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Do not wear your contact lenses, bring your glasses only.
- If you come in for an eye exam, we ask that you do not bring family members, unless you have a caregiver (only one parent with child for example).
- If you like to purchase new glasses, we ask you not to bring somebody with you; our staff can help and give you feedback.
We have made several adjustments in the practice to try to mitigate the risk of possible COVID-19 spread. We have installed a medical grade air purifier and plexiglass at the front desk and in the exam rooms. Frames that are tried on by patients will be removed from the stock and disinfected. All contact surfaces and equipment used in the office will be disinfected between appointments as per recommendation of our College. Our staff will be wearing masks and sometimes a face shield.
To process the backlog of postponed eye exams and manage the reduced number of patients we can see in a day due to physical distancing, we will give priority to patients who require more urgent care. The staff, along with the doctors, will triage who will require a more urgent appointment.
Patients who want to renew contact lenses can still do so by emailing or calling us, you can either pick them up at the practice or we can take the payment over the phone and ship the contact lenses directly to your home. At the present time we are unable to do a contact lens fitting or teaching.
We want to sincerely thank you for your cooperation and support in these challenging times.
Dr. DeVries, Dr. Ladage, Cheryl, Dana, Kylie and Louise